Docs for all releases
This article includes information on functional capacity that could be configured within the VCS system for different versions.
Capacity allows to define a limit to the number of simultaneous active calls, routing rules or client/reseller's activities. When you set a capacity, the system doesn't allow passing a call once the specified amount is reached. Capacity works on the basis of RADIUS START/STOP packets.
Before moving on, it's required to integrate the VoIP Gateway via RADIUS and enable the Track active calls option in the RADIUS Server settings (see screenshot).
Screenshot: VoIP Gateways settings
Within the VCS system, you can set up a respective capacity for the Client, Reseller, Accounts and Routing Rules.
Here, you can find 4 levels of limitation arranged in a hierarchy:
- To limit the Reseller's capacity for orig/term summed for all clients, go to Management and open target reseller settings.
- To specify a summary orig/term capacity for the Client, open target client settings.
- In a target account settings, you can indicate a capacity for a respective account.
- In a target routing plan settings, you may determine a capacity for routing rule.
- When call is establishing, the JeraSoft VCS receives a request for authorization.
- After that, VCS receives and processes ACCT START packet and adds a respective call to the Active Sessions section.
- When call is finished, VCS receives and processes ACCT STOP packet and removes this call from the Active Sessions section.
Here you can get more details about how VCS processes a call.